Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spreading his love...


New Beginnings

Just finished reading Purpose Driven Life written by Rick Warren.  I have learned so many things about myself while reading this book.  My boyfriend Michael, suggested I read this book to help me build a close relationship with Jesus.  From the moment I met Michael, I was very interested in getting to know Jesus on a much higher level than I have ever thought I wanted before.  Michael is the closest person I know who tries to live his day to day life just like Jesus.  I have learned so much even from him.  but after reading today's chapter I knew this is where I was going to start spreading Gods love through me and my writing, to reach world wide, not just my local area.
  
My life I have always said everything happens for a reason, now I know that is so true.  God has a purpose for each and every one of us here on earth.  With my passion for writing this past year, this is one of my purposes in which to share his love.

So I have converted my blog, from MY GYPSY DIARIES, to MY LESSONS.....  If anyone out there has read my previous posts, you will see many of my trials and tribulations, however there are so many more beyond what I have posted in my blog.  Now I get to look back and see what lessons I have learned from all my experiences.  
Our life here on earth is a test, and now that I know that, I can see exactly why the things in my life have happened.  Maybe not everything as of yet, but in due time I will.

Each and everyday I learn something new about, why I have been the person I was in my past, why things have happened or not happened, who the people I am suppose to be surrounding myself with, who to trust or not to trust, how to let go of the past, how to move on, how to love with all I have, how to be more like Jesus, how to be a better mom, a better friend, a better girlfriend and how to spread God's love to the ones who haven't experienced it yet....

One of the most amazing things about each day is that I get to live my life here on earth, with the plan that Jesus has for me. By living it through the power of his love and knowing this is just my temporary home.  Knowing this, puts a whole new perspective on my life...  there is more to just the everyday things that we all do and more to all the possessions that we own.  Its so much bigger than that.  I have never been the one who has wanted the "big" things in life, like the fancy cars or big homes.  Don't get me wrong I absolutely love to shop, and love new things.  However I have never let that define me by any means.  I also have never been the one who was very good with my money, as soon as I made it I spent it.  Not so proud of that, that's for sure.  but what I am proud of is that money doesn't define who I am either.  I have always thought of myself as a giving, loving, caring, compassionate, honest and trusting person....  now that I have read this book, and become closer to Jesus, I have realized, that yes I was that type of person, but in a selfish way...  Where I'm going with this is, now that I have realized my purpose here on earth.   I want to be the "selfless" giving, loving, caring, compassionate, honest and trusting person I was shaped to be. I want to belong to a church, I want to contribute myself to this world and to the people who are in need of Gods love.  I want to go on a mission to help others, and to spread the love of God with people around the world.  When you stop thinking of just yourself and start thinking about "WJWD" (what Jesus would do) life just seems so much brighter!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment